By training yourself to focus your attention on the present moment, Mindfulness can help you:
- cope better with difficulties;
- change how you relate to difficult thoughts and feelings;
- improve your focus and attention;
- learn skills to reduce the risk of further episodes of low mood; and
- increase a sense of calm and wellbeing.
The course consists of six 90-minute sessions, and will include teaching the key concepts, guided mindfulness practices, group dialogue and discussion, home practice assignments, and guided audio practices.
- Week 1: Coming off automatic pilot
- Week 2: Returning to the body
- Week 3: Moving from striving to accepting
- Week 4: Relating to thoughts differently
- Week 5: Dealing with difficulty
- Week 6: Befriending and rebalancing our lives
*Please note we do not allow participants to miss the first session for this course. To benefit from the course you need to ideally attend all six sessions.
Weekly handouts and recordings of the practices/meditations are provided.
To secure your place on the course please call the Caesura Centre on 01844 318535. (Please leave a message if you are unable to get through and we will return your call as soon as possible.)