Over the course of the six-week programme, you’ll learn how mindfulness can help you recognise when you become caught up in cycles of worry, self-criticism, repetitive and ruminative thinking and learn tools to interrupt this process and make you more resilient through calmer and wiser thoughts and actions. At the end of the course, you’ll feel better equipped to face life’s ups and downs with self-compassion instead of self-criticism, using the tools and skills you’ve learned.
By training yourself to focus your attention on the present moment, Mindfulness can help you:
- cope better with difficulties;
- change how you relate to difficult thoughts and feelings;
- improve your focus and attention;
- learn skills to reduce the risk of further episodes of low mood; and
- increase a sense of calm and wellbeing.
Course Format and dates
The course consists of six 90-minute sessions, and will include teaching the key concepts, guided mindfulness practices, group dialogue and discussion, home practice assignments, and guided audio practices.
- Week 1: Coming off automatic pilot
- Week 2: Returning to the body
- Week 3: Moving from striving to accepting
- Week 4: Relating to thoughts differently
- Week 5: Dealing with difficulty
- Week 6: Befriending and rebalancing our lives
The course will run every Tuesday starting 25thFebruary for six weeks finishing on 31st March from 6.30 to 8pm at the Caesura Centre.
*Please note we do not allow participants to miss the first session for this course. To benefit from the course you need to ideally attend all six sessions.
Weekly handouts and recordings of the practices/meditations are provided.
The course will be held at The Caesura Centre, which is located at 57 Lower Road, Chinnor, OX39 4DU
To secure your place on the course please call the Caesura Centre on 01844 318535. (Please leave a message if you are unable to get through and we will return your call as soon as possible.)